Re: stability of multipath

2008-01-07_01:21:47-0500 David <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au>:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >On Jan 6, 2008 9:55 PM, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> >>I believe HP is becoming more debian friendly
> >
> >I believe this is one of their ongoing goals, at one point they were a
> >major donor to Software in the Public Interest, if not Debian
> >directly.
> >
> Debian directly.
> Bdale Garbee still handles all their Linux consultation work.
>
> http://www.gag.com/~bdale/nc4000/

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm afraid this is getting a little OT though.
While I am quite interested in the level of official support commercial
vendors provide debian, today I'm more interested in community
support... ;)

I already have my hardware (Dell 2950 + Qlogic 2432 + Promise VTrak),
I'm just wondering about using multipath.

Anyone using multipath in production on etch?  Happy with it?  I'm at
least going to be doing some testing with it.  I'm just fishing for a
statement like: "Yes, I've used multipath on at least twenty heavily
used servers for quite some time and it's like a rock."  Or maybe "Don't
even think about it unless you're insane, because I lost my job, my
family, and even my dog doing that."  That kind of thing.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager