Re: gnucash in Sarge crashes when opening file; started after recent security updates

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:59:29PM +0100, Tomasz Szpakowicz wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need help with gnucash 1.8.10 in Sarge. I have a gnucash file (written
> with the same gnucash on the same system) containing one year of data.
> And I can't open it. Gnucash says 'Segmentation fault'.

you really need to update. gnucash 1.8.x was buggy and crash
prone. Significant strides have been made in the 2.2.x series (now in
lenny).

> It worked on January 2nd when I last updated it. It doesn't open now. I
> tried older versions of the file and they won't open too. The only thing
> that chanched were debian security updates.

Do you use scheduled transactions? Try the following from an xterm

gnucash --nofile

then edit->preferences->scheduled transactions and uncheck the box to
run scheduled transactions at startup. Then try loading your file.

Also, you could subscribe to gnucash-user@lists.gnucash.org for more
help, though you won't get much help with such an old version.