Re: tapes best for backup?

On 01/06/08 09:17, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 08:00:04AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Conclusion:
   Disc contains BAD or even readable sectors, put it into trash can!
/Sun Jan 06-07:52:09SDA6# exit

But that is my grub boot CD that I use every day and just yesterday recreated it.

Well, grub doesn't take much space itself.  What else is supposed to be
on the CD?  Perhaps you've never tried to read that sector.

Try burning a new CD at slow speed and see what happens when you run
cdck.

Or burn 650MB onto the disk...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown