Re: Xorg "random" crashes on lenny

On 01/06/08 09:47, Dal wrote:
Hi, I've been having a problem with crashing Xorg for a while. I really don't have no idea why this happend. I tried to search this mailing list, but I've not found anything.

So here's the problem, actually I already mentioned it. It just crashes.

I used to use GDM for long time but than the X started to crash, so I thought that it might be because of GDM, so I switched to Slim, but still the same. Now I'm using KDM... and .. no change.

It happens offten when I switch to console and than back, than X crashes and KDM gets them back, but whole session is lost. Also it happens when there is some higher usage on the computer.

I attach the Xorg.0.log, there is just only backtrace, not useful for me, might for someone here. Also I attach my xorg.conf.
And here is some information about my system:

[snip]

If there is anything else what should help to find out the problem just tell.

Signal 11 is SIGSEGV, a segmentation violation that happens when a process is trying to access illegal memory (usually address 0).

File a bug against xserver-xorg-video-intel.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown