Re: Blind Debian Potential User

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:57:38AM -0500, Shane D wrote:
 > Anyway, I am questing a way to install Debian with Speech. I do not
 > have a hardware synthesizer. I want a way of
 > (A) Being able to install debian with speech

I doubt it is possible, not sure though. I have done it using braille.

 > (B) Having speech to use in the shell.

I don't know what screader is, but if it is not for the console, then you
have to use emacspeak, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The reason why
I haven't done it is because it might (I don't know) hard to configure,
and because Emacs's terminal emulator is a bit clumsy to use.

--
Tapio