Re: VNC - I know, just not what I was expecting

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 02:27:18PM -0800, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> I can get SSH/VNC to work on my debian machine.
>
> My question. How do I get the default screen to open up, or to get
> something other than the 'blank' screen with a shell open.

I don't understand.  From a command line, you ssh to another box and get
a command line.  If you want to run an X app, use an xterm, ensure that
you are forwarding X (just using ssh -X may work), then run the X app
from that command line.  The application will be running on the remote
CPU (etc) but will use your Xorg and appear on your screen.

Doug.