ATI X1600 Radeon Missing 1600x1050 Resolution After "fglrx" Upgrade

Hey All,

I installed some upgrades yesterday to my testing/unstable installation.
The relevant packages changed (as far as I understand) were:

  fglrx-control
  fglrx-driver
  fglrx-kernel-src

Apt uninstalled my kernel module compiled for 3D support, and so I
recompiled and installed again from the new source with

  m-a a-i fglrx

After reboot, my only usable resolution (1600x1050) is unavailable.
Even the Catalyst control center believes it's not there.  Xorg.conf was
unchanged, so I doubt that was it.

Any ideas on the cause? Suggestions? I can certainly live without 3D
support if the solution is to revert to the kernel module from Apt,
although I'd need some direction on how to do that.

Thanks!
David