Re: problems with mrxvt

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 14:55:27 +0200
Micha <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> I am having a couple of serious problems with mrxvt which I was wondering if
> someone knows how to fix.
>
> 1. With aptitude, when going between lines with the arrow keys, it seems to
> mix up drawing the lines, so the highlighted line show one package and the
> bottom window shows the description of another. Also I get double lines, such
> as when opening the search window and going to the ok button it is drawn
> bellow the previous ok instead of highlighting it (seems to be an off by one
> error with the line numbers).

Turns out this is due to lack of utf-8 support in mrxvt, changing the en_US or
he_IL locale solved the problem

> 2. With vim, when I open it in console it seems to throw a few characters at
> vim so if I press something it goes crazy, pressing arrow down deletes a
> couple of lines and goes into insert mode, pressing 50gg will delete 50 lines
> and go into insert mode, etc.

No solution here yet, this is not utf-8 related and I think also happens in
other programs, in aptitude I see a delay and refresh when pressing arrow down
for the first time which I am guessing is related to the same issue of some
characters being sent the to program for some reason.

Fixed some amd64 related warnings in the code also, but it didn't help.