Re: [half solved] sources list not found repository debian

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 08:04:15PM +0100, Micaela Gallerini wrote:
> 2008/1/2, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:

> > > I didn't think that no one insult me, if you don't know me you don't
> > > know that I need some libraries or program unstable and the operative
> > > system stable.
> > > Yeah...I suppose that no much people using a hybrid system...^^
> >

> > I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having difficulty following the
> > double-negatives to determine exactly what you want vs what you need.
> >

> what I want? excuse me but the question:

> I've installed some package non-stable in a os stable (etch), Do I
> need add the repository unstable to upgrade my system?

That is called a hybrid system and is not recommended.  It tends to make
a stable OS (Etch) a bit less stable and predictable.

> It's not much difficult to understand.
>
> > Obviously, english isn't your first language and I'm wondering if a
> > language-specific debian user list would be of more help.
> >

> You say me don't write here, because my english is not correctly?
> Do you know that I write here since 3 years like nick name heba?
> And when I write like heba no one had a problem with my english?
>
> Now, in a moment my english is not correct? strange thing...^^
>

> > If you need the OS to be stable but you need to be able to run some
> > unstable apps, I wonder if an Etch system with a Sid (and/or
> > Experimental) chroot (perhaps accesses with schroot) would be helpful?
> >

> Yeah!...then you understand...;)
>
> Sid is a os unstable and I won't a os unstable...^^

Yes, Sid is an unstable OS.  If you want an unstable OS, install
straight Sid.  However, before you were concerned about Sid being
unstable yet wanting some things from it.  Your choice.

Doug.