Re: "Waiting for root file system" problem

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 10:24:07AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> was heard to say:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 06:24:07AM -0500, dave N wrote:
> If you wait long enough (at least 30 seconds, maybe a couple minutes,
> I can't remember) you should get dropped to a busybox shell. Then look
> at /scripts/local-top and see what it's trying to run there. That may
> provide a clue.

  You can also pass "break" at the kernel command line.  See
initramfs-tools(8) for more boot options, including places you can break
the init script.

  Daniel