Re: upgrading in sid

On 12/31/07, charlie derr <cderr@simons-rock.edu> wrote:

snip some stuff

> I'm not aware of ever intentionally doing anything to install any 64bit
> libs.  My whole system is running as 32-bit.

MIne too (I don't do AMD64 because I don't have an AMD64, sniff).

But I also see 64 bit stuff in /lib64. And I don't think they are for
64bit file position related stuff
because if I disassemble one representative file I see 64 bit instructions.

As these will likely never get used until or unless I get a 64bit
machine, how do I remove them? I don't think I ever explicitly told
aptitude to install these libraries.