Re: install etch from usb onto xp machine

On 01/02/2008 12:15 PM, Rick Dooling wrote:
> I can't really log into the XP machine, the tech fellows just
> installed a separate hard drive and said I could put Debian on it.
> Getting it on there is up to me :)

As Administrator, I guess you mean?

> Any easy way to make the XP machine see the usb drive, boot from it,
> and do an install?

If you don't have admin rights, then installing/reconfiguring stuff on
your "managed" workstation might be difficult.  Although I have never
used this installer, perhaps it would be worth a try:

http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

Another route might be to just open the box and connect a CDROM drive
for the install - would probably be the simple way to go, however if
they locked you out of the BIOS to go set the CD to boot first, you
might need to find the magic reset jumper  ;)

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler