Re: PREEMPT kernel with nvidia

Paul Csanyi wrote:
Hi,

2008/1/1, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>:
Paul Andreassen wrote:
Is it possible to have a PREEMPT kernel while using the closed source nVidia
driver?

I've compiled the stable kernel 2.6.18 and the backported kernel 2.6.22, and
both kill random programs.  Its strange because it some times kills the game
I'm running, sometime faults on boot up and once gcc actually died.

I have the problem with nvidia driver too. If you want, have a look at here:
http://www.debiantutorials.org/talkitup/index.php?topic=39.msg2630#msg2630

If this preempt kernel solve my problem too, then should be good!

Which video card, and CPU do you have?

hugo@debian:/sdb1$ uname -a
Linux debian 2.6.23-1-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 9 10:02:52 CST 2007
i686 GNU/Linux

From where can I download this preempt kernel?

2 videocards:
GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x