Re: wine - resource hog

--- David <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> joseph lockhart wrote:
> > ok, here is my system info, basically the hardinfo
> > report generated by Hardinfo for my primary
> partition,
> > if i switch over to my etch install i will post
> the
> > same for it if necessary
> >
> > Computer
> > ********
> >

> > Summary
> > -------
> >
> > -Computer-
> > Processor		: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
> > Memory		: 247MB (217MB used)
>
> If you are going to be running translators/emulators
> on top -
> /definitely/ more ram. At least 1G.
> That's why it runs slowly.
> Regards,
> --
> David Palmer
> Linux User - #352034

Indeed, 256MB of ram is inadequate for a system doing
most anything these days.
It's unlikely anything would work properly at all.
There must be a lot of thrashing of the hd trying to
swap anything but the most basic functions.
More ram is necessary, and the price is well worth it.

-- Angus

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs