Re: cdrom not working after kernel update

[back on list]
[please do not top-post]

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 04:37:49 -0800 (PST)
tharanga Wijethilake <tharangawijethilake@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for the advice. and as you said in the reply
> I compared the two config files and figure out that following part is missing from the config file for 2.6.23.8.
> #
> # Old CD-ROM drivers (not SCSI, not IDE)
> #
> CONFIG_CD_NO_IDESCSI=y
> CONFIG_AZTCD=m
> CONFIG_GSCD=m
> CONFIG_MCDX=m
> CONFIG_OPTCD=m
> CONFIG_SJCD=m
> CONFIG_ISP16_CDI=m
> CONFIG_CDU535=m
>
>  How should I include these in the new kernel. because when I tried to re buitl the modules from /lib/modules/(uname -r)/build it did not have those part in the menu that is obtained by "make menuconfig".

Those drivers are in '/Driver Options/Old CD-ROM drivers', between
'Serial ATA' and 'Multi-device support'.  Note that they will only be
available if you have enabled '/Bus options/ISA support'.

> I downloaded the kernel from following place.
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/
>
> ~Tharanga

Celejar