scroll mouse quits working

Every once in a while, when I use my KVM switch, the middle mouse button/scroll wheel, ceases to function.

Short of rebooting, not really an option, what else can I do to get the scroll wheel to function properly again?

Anything in /etc/init.d/ that I can rerun?

Thanks

---
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
ICQ#:         AIM#:            YAHOO:
18002350      mailman452       mailman42_5

        Ben Franklin - 1759