Need help with etch and new bugzilla install

The search function on the debian page is not working, so I'm using the list to assistance -

A fresh/new install of Debian Etch was done and I performed an apt-get install of everything, including bugzilla. I'm now getting the following and need to know how to resolve it. mysql-server was installed, and I'm able to visit http://localhost/phpmyadmin

Thanks.

Scott

Setting up bugzilla (2.22.1-2) ...
dbconfig-common: writing config to /etc/dbconfig-common/bugzilla.conf
dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password

Can't connect to the database.
Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
  Is your database installed and up and running?
  Do you have the correct username and password selected in localconfig?