Re: Charging iPod / Listening to music

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 07:43:08PM -0400, steve wrote:

> Richard Lyons wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:01:53PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >
> >>   When I plug my iPod using the USB cable I get the 'Do not
> >> disconnect' screen on the ipod. It's great because I can see the ipod
> >> is charging. But to listen to music I do not understand what I need to
> >> do. I tried:
>
> its not possible to listen and charge an ipod on any platform with the
> "ipod firmware".  I went through this many years ago. Maybe look at
> rockbox?

In fact, this may be another advantage of the samsung.  You cannot
listen via the headphones when the USB is connected, but since you have
complete access to the filesystem while it is charging, I assume you
could listen via the computer.  If I get sound working on the laptop, I
test this.

--
richard