Re: Apt-Get or Aptitude

Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   Identical behavior to apt-get has never been a goal for me, so the
> answer is almost certainly "yes".  (not that I gratuitously break
> apt-get compatibility; it's just not something I track one way or the
> other unless I get bug reports)

one thing i noticed from my recent switch was the difference between how
apt does searches:

apt-cache search foo

and how aptitude (non curses) does the search:

aptitude search ~dfoo

with aptitude i need to add the "~d" before my criteria to be sure it
looks in the package descriptions.

i only find it odd because i would have expected it to maybe be like so:

aptitude search -d foo

not an issue, just a difference that i though was not as intuitive as it
could have been.

that said, thank you very much for this wonderful package.  my
transition to it was flawless on my mixed source laptop and i am gaining
comfort with the curses interface daily.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/