Re: texlive: command reference

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:12:05PM +0100, Tim Gruene wrote:

> with tetex the documentation contained a command reference, and e.g. a
> list of symbols which was very easy to locate with the main index.html
> file.
>
> I can only find a vast, rather unordered list of documents in many
> different directories with the 'new' texlive distribution in Debian lenny
> (or etch).
>
> Is there at least the command reference in the texlive distribution? If
> so, where is it?

Texdoc and especially texdoctk.

With texdoctk, you get a little GUI of menus of documents that you can
peruse and click on and it will pop up the correct viewer.

I started with texlive so I don't know how this compares with tetex.

IIRC, the "command reference" is the not-so-small intro to Latex in pdf,
but I could be wrong.

Doug.