Re: 2.3.0 ooffice

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 04:20:44PM +0100, Pavel SRB wrote:
> hi all
>
> as i am still fighting with oofice, i was thinking about getting the newest
> version. Now I have 2.4.0 downloaded via apt-get. I was searching for a
> while internet, about new sources to my /etc/apt/sources.list to have 2.3.0
> available. Here i found that this version is available as experimental.
> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/openoffice.org
>
> so i add to my list
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free
>
> but after
> apt-get update

that only updates the list of available packages *and* if 2.4 is what
you really have (where did you get that? I've only got 2.2.1-10
available here), then it's newer than 2.3 and won't get replced by the
older version. You'll have to remove it and then install with

apt-get -t experimental install openoffice.org