Re: New Server

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 13:59, Ed Curtis wrote:
> I'm getting ready to build a new server. Has anyone on the list had any
> problems or used Silicon Mechanics before. I'm checking out some quotes
> from there. They use Nvida MCP55 Pro dual nics in their system. I
> thought I had heard about problems with Nvida nics in the past on the
> list but Google hasn't given me any bad new about them.
>
> TIA for any info,
>
> Ed

I ted using NVidia with my new box when I first set it up a couple of
months back (using 'testing').    I never did get it to work reliably
even with the help of many folks from this list.

I eventually ditched it after having wasted more than 2 weeks of effort
and much frustration.

So, .... my advice would be .... don't waste your time with it.

Ian