Re: debian repositories - connection refused

* Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> [071029 08:49]:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 22:25:15 -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > A day or two ago I began getting a "111 connection refused" error when
> > attempting to access the debian repositories with Synaptic.
> >
> > The command "aptitude update" also hangs.
> >
> > However, Internet access with browser and mail appears to be normal.
> >
> > Can someone recommend a diagnostic procedure?
>
> Can you ping/traceroute the mirror?

I could ping the mirror.

I found what appears to be the problem:  a few days ago I was browsing
packages and installed "anon-proxy", because it looked interesting.
But I never did figure out how to configure and use anon-proxy.

Uninstalling the package solved the problem, but I do not understand
why it interfered only with the Debian repository.

Thanks, Florian.

RLH