Re: CUPS: Shared printers not shown

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 15:42:32 +0100, Claudius Hubig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got the following systems, all connected to the local network:
>
> A: Running Debian Etch, no printer connected
> B: Running Debian Etch, Epson Stylus C86 connected & published
> C: Running Debian Sid, Canon IP 4200 connected & published
> D: Running Debian Etch, no printer connected
>
> A sees all the printers in the network and is able to print on them,
> the same goes for B. C only sees the IP 4200 (and can print on it),
> while D seems to have absolutely no clue where to print.
>
> I just set this up using the webinterface from CUPS, published those
> printers and asked it to show published printers from other systems -
> this worked for A and B.
>
> Now my question: How can I make the two printers be visible on D and
> the Epson Stylus be shown on C?
>
> There seems to be absolutely no information about this in the net,
> thus I'd really welcome any hints available.

Can each machine see the shares on the other hosts if you use the tools
from the "smbclient" package? The printers should be listed if you run

smbclient -U USERNAME -L //HOSTNAME

(Change "USERNAME" and "HOSTNAME" as is appropriate for your network;
 you will be prompted for the SMB password if necessary.)

          Florian   |