Re: What is a binNMU?

On 10/28/07, Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
> I like to use wajig as a frontend to apt but it has been removed from
> Sid because it depends on python-apt, which is also missing,  apparently
> because of a binNMU connected with apt. I have no idea what a binNMU is.
> Googling produces a lot of uses of the term but no explanation. I have
> used Debian for a number of years but this is the first time I've heard
> of it.
>
> There was an upgrade of apt yesterday but this did not solve the
> problem. Can someone kindly enlighten me about binNMU or point me to
> some documentation about it?

I can install wajig fine on my sid box. I have not upgraded to apt 0.7.8
from 0.7.6 yet, as aptitude has not been updated to handle the new
version. Python-apt, which wajig depends on, has not yet been updated
either. However, it sounds like this happened before the latest apt update?
Was your wajig actually removed or is it just not possible to upgrade it?
If the latter, does it show a broken state if you try to upgrade or does it
show <none> as the next available version?

Cheers,
Kelly