Re: SMTP smart host authentication fails

Douglas,

Let me first say that my problem has been resolved. Seems to have been
a combination of not opening the port in my hardware firewall (which I
should have knwon), and a broken smtp server address. I'm able to
send mail out now.

> Read /usr/share/doc/exim4-doc-html/html/spec_html/ch14.html

Nice, if I had it ;-(. I installed exim4 under debian Etch, and no
such exim4-doc-html direcory created. I've got some documentation, but
not of this scale.

I have Hazel's book on Exim, and it seems to suggest I could use
a line like this to specify the remote port (but that's apparently not
what I want to do):

        port = 587

in perhaps /exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp.

Perhaps If I had the time I could extract a clearer picture from the
book.

Thanks for the help.

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM