What is a binNMU?

I like to use wajig as a frontend to apt but it has been removed from
Sid because it depends on python-apt, which is also missing,  apparently
because of a binNMU connected with apt. I have no idea what a binNMU is.
Googling produces a lot of uses of the term but no explanation. I have
used Debian for a number of years but this is the first time I've heard
of it.

There was an upgrade of apt yesterday but this did not solve the
problem. Can someone kindly enlighten me about binNMU or point me to
some documentation about it?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian