Re: going from etch to unstable (sid)

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:47:55 +0000
Bogdan Marian <mendingo84@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> The title says it all :). How do i proceed if i want to upgrade from
> Etch to Sid? Of course, burning a Sid image and doing a from scratch
> install is out of the question... I'm looking for another way
>
> Bogdan

That's good, since as far as I know, there is no Sid image out there.
Check http://www.debian.org/releases/unstable/
The only way to get Sid is to upgrade from a previous release via
# aptitude dist-upgrade.

So your dilemma simplifies to this question: do the upgrade from Etch,
or upgrade to Lenny and then to Sid. I would go along the second path,
but I usually play it safe.

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.