rssh chroot issue

This has also been posted in the security forum. I appologize for the duplication, but I thought it might get more visibility here.

I am having a problem getting rssh to set up and use the chroot path that I have identified. I am able to sftp or scp in without any problems. However, I am able to change to the actual root of the file system essentially escaping the chroot structure.
It doesn't appear that the rssh_chroot_helper is being run. I'm not seeing anything been logged in either syslog or messages as to what is happening.

If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Please let me know what further information will help.

Thank you
Bjorn