Re: gnome screensavers - can I get more?

Martin Waller wrote:
Jose Luis Rivas Contreras wrote:
Martin Waller wrote:
Hello,

I don't seem to have a very wide variety of screensavers under gnome (5
basic ones).
1) Are more available?
2) From where?
3) How do install them?

Hi Martin, there's rss-glx and the hacks of xscreensaver but you need to
installe the full package of xscreensaver (including the application!),
right now I'm working in a package that makes this easier for
gnome-screensaver including the hacks of xscreensaver as well ;-).

Regards,
Jose Luis.

Hi Jose,

OK - I installed those and tried to run xscreensaver, but go tthe following error:

martin@papilio:~$ xscreensaver &
[2] 10481
[1]   Exit 127                xscrennsaver
martin@papilio:~$ Error: Cairo does not yet support the requested image format:
       Depth: 16
       Alpha mask: 0x00000000
       Red   mask: 0x0000003f
       Green mask: 0x000007c0
       Blue  mask: 0x0000f800
Please file an enhacement request (quoting the above) at:
http://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=cairo
xscreensaver-demo: /home/dajobe/dev/debian/cairo/cairo-1.2.4/src/cairo-image-surface.c:155: _cairo_format_from_pixman_format: Assertion `NOT_REACHED' failed. xscreensaver: 18:15:59: 0: child pid 0485 (xscreensaver-demo) terminated with signal 6.

X error in juggler3d:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
 Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
 Resource id in failed request:  0x3600093
 Serial number of failed request:  16

errrr...

aah - I only get this error through a vnc connection (running vnc4server, etch package version 4.1.1+X4.3) - at the actual box it seems to work OK...?

But thanks for the suggestion - just seems to have created a new problem :)

Martin