Re: [solved] Re: ps2pdf resizes page size to wrong format

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 09:56:13AM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> Kevin Mark wrote:
> > I'd try to investigate every file in /etc that deals with pdf or ps or
> > the reverse depends of ps2pdf. Maybe there is some value that is
> > different. Also are the reverse depends the same versions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> It turned out to be /etc/papersize
>
> /===========================
> mybox:/etc# cat /etc/papersize
> a4
>
> did it.

I'm not sure where I saw it documented years ago, but ps2pdf does obey
gs commands, so 'ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 myfile.ps' (output filename is
optional and defaults to myfile.pdf) will also work, and is occasionally
useful when you want to use papapersize other than the system default.

HTH

--
richard