Re: mySQL and 'testing'

ieb wrote:
Sorry if this repeats a previous query.... I did scan the list of topics
but couldn't spot this.

I am running the 'testing' version.   I came back from 3 weeks offline
and simply let synaptic gather all the updates and apply them (OK.. yes
, that was probably a bit dumb... but too late now)... Everything seemed to go ok until I went to log in to mySQL. and it cant
find the socket.  I tried to update the files using the mysql-client and
mysql-server, and although the client ran OK the server complains about
an unspecified dependency error and a corrupt server file.
Has anyone else come across this, or should I start panicking now?
Thanks
Ian

Are the errors with the server reported through synaptic or when you try to start the server? Have you tried to resolve the dependancies with synaptic? And could you also post the error messages you get?

Thx,
Jeff