Re: Web cam Philips 0471:032d not seen

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 10:41:14PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Thursday 25 October 2007 21:14, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >
> > where did you get these drivers? if they are from debian stable,
> > they're probably just not up-to-date enough. Either pull the source
> > from upstream or from lenny/sid and rebuild it.
> >

> As said I am indeed running Etch!!!

woops, missed that.

> I tried sources from upstream, but no
> luck!

Have you grepped that USB ID from the source to confirm it's in there?
Despite what the website says, if the USB ID isn't in there, then it
won't get loaded. Also, it looks like you're installing the module
from the build tree instead of from the usual
/lib/modules/... location, maybe your depmod hasn't picked it up.

hth.