Re: which package contains mkfs.vfat

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 01:38:57AM -0400, Daniel B. wrote:

> What was really strange was that the data that was written over
> the FAT and the root directory's sectors was data from a file on a
> _different_ FAT partition.
>
> And a later time it corrupted my C: disk, it was the _same_ file
> (from a different filesystem (partition)) whose contents was written
> all over the FAT and the root directory (at the exact same sector
> offset).

that soudns like a very badly behaving
driver/program/something-or-other. Do you know what the file is that
keeps overwriting? might be a clue. Maybe its not a problem with
fsck.vfat but with somethign else that is overwriting the FAT and then
fsck.vfat gets all confused trying to recover a borked FAT. just a
thought.

> (Not if I could only figure out what part of my kernel still
> sucks and keeps causing more filesystem corruption...)

bad drive?