Re: OT: laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?

"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Anybody have experience with this printer:
> Brother HL-5250DN
> (http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=HL5250DN).
>
> I have been asked to choose a B/W laser printer to buy for a very small
> office. I don't expect it to print more than around 10 pages per day. I
> have also been looking at HL-2070N, but duplex printing feature in
> HL-5250DN attracted me to it more.
>
> Any comments on its functionality from Linux? linuxprinting.org says it
> works pefectly. What about its durability?

I've had the HL-5250DN for several months and have printed about 500
pages on it.  I like the easy ethernet connection and the ability to
print duplex.  It works well with both Linux and Windows computers on
my home network.

It was no trouble configuring cupsys for it.

It seems to require a lot of power at the beginning of a print job; it
dims the lights a little.

Before I used a top-loading HP Laserjet 5L.  This printer, although it
had some problems with loading, had a somewhat more solid feel than
the Brother.

I'm satisfied with the Brother.

--
Hugh Lawson