Re: OT: laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric De Mund" <ead-debian-user@ixian.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: OT: laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?

HS,

H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com>:
] Anybody have experience with this printer:
] Brother HL-5250DN
] <http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=HL5250DN>.
]
] I have been asked to choose a B/W laser printer to buy for a very
] small office. I don't expect it to print more than around 10 pages per
] day. I have also been looking at HL-2070N, but duplex printing feature
] in HL-5250DN attracted me to it more.
]
] Any comments on its functionality from Linux? linuxprinting.org says
] it works pefectly. What about its durability?
]
] And, finally, any other suggestions?

Russell L. Harris <rlharris@oplink.net>:
] The feature which matters above almost every other feature is Post-
] Script. Second is a HP JetDirect ethernet interface. Sacrifice what-
] ever else you must in order to get PostScript within your budget limi-
] tations.

Harris's suggestion is a good one; I would take it to heart. I'd also
place at that high level of importance the amount of memory that the
printer has. I've found it frustrating to have a printer, PostScript-
capable or otherwise, not be able to print out some of my documents that
have medium- or high-resolution images within them due to insufficient
memory.

Regards,
Eric
--