Re: OT: laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?

Russell L. Harris wrote:
> * H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> [071023 16:14]:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Anybody have experience with this printer:
>> Brother HL-5250DN
>> (http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=HL5250DN).
>>
>> I have been asked to choose a B/W laser printer to buy for a very small
>> office. I don't expect it to print more than around 10 pages per day. I
>> have also been looking at HL-2070N, but duplex printing feature in
>> HL-5250DN attracted me to it more.
>>
>> Any comments on its functionality from Linux? linuxprinting.org says it
>> works pefectly. What about its durability?
>>
>> And, finally, any other suggestions?
>>
>> thanks,
>> ->HS
>>

> The feature which matters above almost every other feature is
> Postscript.  Second is a HP JetDirect ethernet interface.  Sacrifice
> whatever else you must in order to get Postscript within your budget
> limitations.
>
> RLH

If I under the specs of the above two printer properly, both are
postscript printers:
2070N:  PCL6, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
5250DN: PCL6, BR-Script3, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX

and these are the ports that they have:
2070N:  10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Parallel, USB
5250DN: 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Parallel, Hi-Speed USB 2.0

I was actually looking just for the 10/100 ethernet ports to connect the
printer to a switch on the little office network that we have there. How
does this relate to HP JetDirect ethernet interface? And, er, what is HP
JetDirect and wouldn't it exist only in HP printers?

thanks,
->HS