Re: going from XFCE to Gnome?

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 10:58:36 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 06:05:18PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:25:40 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

[...]

> > > is this the new "I'm so 1337" d-u bragging stick? How many recommends
> > > can you get rid of? How stripped down is your system? I bet I an get
> > > over 400!!!
> >
> > Oh yeah, you think you're tough?
> >
> > Why don't we taken it from "recommends" to real dependencies then:
> >
> > $ aptitude search '!~i~R~i' | wc -l
> > 369
> >
> > and my system is as solid as a rø$%&Ñ¿?
> >
> > +++++ CARRIER LOST +++++
>

> roflol.
>
> I'm home sick futzing around with my laptop and you've made my
> day. thanks!

(Get well soon!)

Before too many people get annoyed with this, let me quickly clarify
that I forgot the "B" qualifier in the search pattern that I proposed
initially. If you want to find missing recommendations which are not
satisfied by any installed package, it is better to use

!~i~RBrecommends:~i

as the search pattern. Using "B" also leads to the expected result for
the dependencies:

$ aptitude search '!~i~RB~i' | wc -l
0

          Florian   |