creative zen management with command-line interface

I have been searching without success for a command-line tool to
manage a Creative Zen mp3 player.

The only Creative Zen management tool for Linux which I have
discovered thus far is gnomad2 (version 2.8.12-2 currently in the
Debian "testing" archive).

But gnomad2 (which has a GUI) crashes on occasion, takes forever to
delete a file, and appears to have left a corrupted file on my
Creative Zen.  (Thankfully, Creative built into the Zen a drive
clean-up utility.)  So for the Zen, I am using Creative Media Source
running in W2000.

I have used gnupod (command-line interface) with a 4th-generation
iPod.  It was an enjoyable experience.  I would like to find a tool of
this sort to manage the Creative Zen.

RLH