Re: 1GB RAM is missing.

Could you sent your 'dmesg' output. It might contain a clue about how your system deals with the memory and why.

Tim

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, pgega wrote:

Hi all,

I just builded mo own x86 machine , and I am quite surprised ,because
1GB of RAM is missing (1GB of 4GB) and my Debian's boot time is 10
minutes.

Moreover when I take off one RAM stick (which will give me 3GB RAM) my
system boots in 40 seconds - I am amazed.

All of RAM sticks are fine, I tested all of them together and
separately.  I just cannot use them together.

My problem is I want to use 4GB RAM at full power, and have no idea
what might be the problem.
I must use 3GB to make my system booting quickly.(not only booting,
system works faster with 3GB)

Please save my poor life. :)

And the machine is

AMD Athlon x2 4000+ (I use 32bit Debian now)
MSI K9A Platinum motherboard
2 sets of Geil 2gb dual channel 800mhz (2x 1GB)
Seagate SATA 500GB HDD