Re: Compiz-fusion trouble

KS wrote:
Bogdan Marian wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having this issues with Compiz-Fusion on Debian Etch, nVidia FX5200,
KDE:

1. I can't start fusion-icon:

* Detected Session: kde
* Searching for installed applications...
* NVIDIA on Xorg detected, exporting: __GL_YIELD=NOTHING
* Using the GTK Interface
* PyGtk 2.10.0 or later required
... Trying another interface
* Using the Qt4 Interface
* No module named PyQt4
... Trying another interface
* Using the Qt3 Interface
* Interface not installed
*** Error: All interfaces failed, aborting!

2. i get 16 desktops ( Desktop1 is multiplicated )

Any thoughts? :)

Bogdan

1. Although I'm using the shame repo right now but it also worked with
the regular unstable repository. With KDE I think you need to install
compiz-kde if you don't have it already.

2. If you already have 4 desktop workspaces, they were getting
multiplied when compiz started. I think I made a change in the number of
desktops in the compizconfig-settings-manager ... which isn't starting
for me right now :(

HTH
/KS

Hi,

I am using Shame's repo and i installed compiz-kde but still...
The thing with the desktops used to happen in Beryl as well ( it happened to me but in Ubuntu though ) and i think it's a bug but i can't be sure of that. I "worked it around" by removing the Desktop Preview & Pager from Kicker so it doesn't bother my view :)
The truth is Shame mentions somewhere on his blog that fusion-icon and ccsm still don't work with etch... One can use simple-ccsm though and it basically does the same thing as ccsm.

Bogdan