Re: mkboot -- "if GRUB is installed it does nothing .."

> Does this mean that with everyone coming up with their improved "rescue
> disks" and floppy drives becoming a rarity, boot floppies are now a
> thing of the past?
>
> Or are there circumstances when making a boot floppy is still advisable?
>
> If so, since mkboot appears to require lilo, what's the alternative for
> us grub guys?

With 2.6 kernels being so big, plus needing an initrd, I haven't seen an
acutal boot floppy since 2.4 days with Woody.

To just get to a Grub prompt, you can create a grub disk, either
following the directions in the docs or by installing grub-disk and then
dd'ing the image file it gives you.

Doug.