Re: Compiz-fusion trouble

Bogdan Marian wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm having this issues with Compiz-Fusion on Debian Etch, nVidia FX5200,
> KDE:
>
> 1. I can't start fusion-icon:
>
> * Detected Session: kde
> * Searching for installed applications...
> * NVIDIA on Xorg detected, exporting: __GL_YIELD=NOTHING
> * Using the GTK Interface
> * PyGtk 2.10.0 or later required
> ... Trying another interface
> * Using the Qt4 Interface
> * No module named PyQt4
> ... Trying another interface
> * Using the Qt3 Interface
> * Interface not installed
> *** Error: All interfaces failed, aborting!
>
> 2. i get 16 desktops ( Desktop1 is multiplicated )
>
> Any thoughts? :)
>
> Bogdan

1. Although I'm using the shame repo right now but it also worked with
the regular unstable repository. With KDE I think you need to install
compiz-kde if you don't have it already.

2. If you already have 4 desktop workspaces, they were getting
multiplied when compiz started. I think I made a change in the number of
desktops in the compizconfig-settings-manager ... which isn't starting
for me right now :(

HTH
/KS