Drag, drop and execute in Nautilus

I would like to be able drag the icon of a file to the icon of a script
with the expected result that the script is ececuted with the filname as
parameter.

Nautilus does not let me do this. It has '.desktop' - files for this
purpose, but I do not like the added complexity of this. ( Like hiding
the extension. Try to change name of a .desktop : it won't let you )

My question is: Can I tell Nautilus to behave differently?
Or: are there other filemanagers that let me do what -I- want ?

Thanks, --Jasper.