Re: Update on: How to wifi with ipw3945 on Dell Vostro ???

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 12:14:04PM +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> I still cannot wifi with my laptop but I can see that the laptop is
> sending it's DHCP requests to the network, I can see the request being
> answered by the server but somehow/somewhere the the response gets lost.
>
> If I try to make a connection through the NetworkManager I see (using
> tcpdump) the following traffic.

I don't trust NetworkManager, FWIW.

I've been playing with this a bit and have gotten mine to work
reliably in the house here connecting to an ad-hoc network. I'm just
using iwconfig and ifconfig

iwconfig eth2 essid "blah"
iwconfig eth2 key restricted s:foo
ifconfig eth2 up