Re: No keyboard on 2.6.22

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

> I've downloaded and installed a 2.6.22 kernel patched for realtime
> work, from [1]here.
>
> 1. http://tinyurl.com/35uopq
>
> When gdm starts, I have no keyboard, so I can't login, and of course
> can't switch to a console to check if it's a gdm problem.
>
> Home computer runs the same kernel without a problem.
>
> Any ideas where to look at? Thanks in advance.
>
> Cordially, Ismael
Hi Ismael,
Have you looked in the keyboard section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf? I'm afraid I
don't know what "realtime work" means but does that mean you can't boot
into single-user mode and check the problem that way? If not, why not boot
up with a live-cd like knoppix. That will give you access to the files you
want to check.
Cheers,
Jonathan