Re: Problem with sound - HP Pavillion dv6500t

Hi,

That does'nt seem to solve the problem. The volume level is high and it is not muted. But still no sound.

Thanks anyway,
Raghu

On 10/17/07, Jose Luis Rivas Contreras <ghostbar38@gmail.com> wrote:
Raghunandan HK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed Debian 4.0 on a HP Pavillion dv6500t laptop. The
> problem is that the mute button turns on at some point during the boot
> (it is not on when the booting starts) and remains so. Pressing the key
> does not turn it off. As a result I get no sound even after using alsa
> mixer to set the  volume to the maximum. I think the mute key stroke is
> detected. But it does not cause any change. I printed dmesg to see the
> operations that are being done about the same time as when the mute
> turns on. All I found was that Bluetooth, Wifi, and the Synaptics touch
> pad are turned on just before this happens. I have looked on google but
> could not find a solution. Hoping to find it here :)
>
> Raghunandan H K

With alsamixer press "M" or "m" when you're over "Master" and that will
unmute your sound :-)

Regards,
Jose Luis.
--

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org