Re: OT: camera for small work

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

So at this point, the question is can a consumer digital camera function
like a web-cam and then do I just view it with something like VLC?

None of the cheap digicams I have/had (Nikon Coolpix and various Canons) nor my Pentax K100D DSLR can work as a webcam.

My Panasonic NV-GS37 camcorder has a webcam mode but I failed to find a Linux driver for it - AIUI each camcorder implements its own protocol.

None of them has the sort of macro you're looking for either.