trying to get glame to play .wav files

I am trying to get glame to play .wav files. I'v been using it for the last
three or four days with no problem, but today when I try to play a file I
get:

	ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1357:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) \
	Invalid value for card

and nothing, not even movement on the display. 'aplay' and 'play' work fine.

The only thing that is different in my use of 'glame' is that yesterday I
rigged a filter setup and played with it. I'm pretty sure the thing was
playing files ok after setting up the filter.

Thanks,

tom arnall