Re: Query about Iceape, Iceweasel

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:19:01 +0800 (WST), Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> said:

> I didn't expect bigotry on this list.

        I am not sure bigotry means what you think it does.  You asked
 for volunteers to help you with a problem; they said that the problem
 you presented was presented in a fashion that was likely to be triaged
 out in favour of problems which presented better.

        This is not presenting any dogma as being incontrovertibly
 correct.

> But then, if that's what the list is about, so be it.

        This list is about people who use Debian helping each other.

> I hope that you are not a professional software developer.

        I am.

> If you are, and you tell customers to get stuffed, if they find fault
> with your software, then I pity any customers that you have left. But
> then, if they are stupid enough to stay with you, they so do at their
> own peril.

        You are not a customer. Customers help pay my salary.  You do
 not. At best, we are both people who use Debian.  If I can help you, I
 will, but this is entirely on my dime, and an act of goodwill. Do not
 presume to abuse that.

> So, you are telling us that Mozilla is incapable of producing a web
> browser that can operate with more than one browser window and more
> than one tab open, and that Mozilla is inapable of producing web
> browsers that operate within limits of load defined by the developers,
> whereby, a limit is reached, and a dialogue box appears, stating "You
> have already too many browser windows/tabs open. You need to close
> some browser tabs,windows, before opening any more." ?

        Mozilla folks have a Bugzilla implementation. As the person
 encountering this problem, perhaps you are the best person to report
 it?

> Well, it doesn't. That is why I reboot after each mentioned
> crash. Because, the system monitor can show that up to 50% of the
> memory is still being used with no tasks visible in the taskbar after
> such a crash.

        You find system memory being used after a crash.  Are you sure
 it is not used in cached buffers?

> But then, I suppose you are more interested in making a noise, as
> disturbing and annoying as possible, rather than examining the facts,
> and determining a cause of a problem and seeking a solution.

> Is your name really John MacEnroe?

        You know, you have a singularly ineffective means of asking for
 help.

> And I wish you good luck with your much needed full frontal lobotomy,
> and I hope that it eliminates your distemper, and makes you able to
> coexist with other people.

        Wow. For someone asking for help from volunteers, you certainly
 are making friends here.

        manoj
--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.